At Famo Feeds we are always looking for qualified and motivated people to join our team. We take care of our people and offer competitive pay, benefits package, and opportunities for growth and development. If interested in any of the careers below, please stop at our office located at 446 Industrial Drive, Freeport, MN to complete an application. Or complete the application form and return to Famo Feeds. Application for Employment
The Dairy Specialist will provide technical direction and leadership to the Famo dairy program. This includes taking a lead role in large producer/target account sales activity. The Dairy Specialist also assumes a lead role in the management and further development of the Famo dairy nutrition program including products and software. The Dairy Specialist supports Territory Managers by offering technical expertise to their premier customers, training presentations and telephone support. This role coordinates the technical, sales, logistics and marketing aspects of the business. The Dairy Specialist must be an effective communicator and be able to convey new concepts and ideas to livestock producers, dealers, Territory Managers and the Famo office.
This position requires an advanced degree in animal science and extensive dairy management, nutrition and herd health experience. The position demands leadership skills, livestock industry and marketplace knowledge, experience with feed formulation/ration balancing software and a strong agricultural business aptitude. The position requires some overnight travel within the Famo market area.
The Maintenance/Utility worker is responsible for a varied of duties within the company:
- Knowledgeable of the operations and mechanics of company equipment and vehicles
- Repair and maintain all company equipment
- Minor repairs on trucks
- Secure necessary work permits (hot work or confined space) before beginning repair procedures
- Maintain records of any work and inspections done on premises
- Keep repair tools and supplies cleaned and organized
- Conduct routine maintenance on equipment and building systems
- Complete safety checks on systems and equipment, including smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers
- Keep supplies (grease, replacement parts, tires, etc.) on an as needed basis
- Will fill in for vacant positions (in plant or driving truck) due to vacations or sickness when needed
- Assist with truck loading/unloading when needed
- Ensure all safety systems are functioning properly
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of plant mechanics
- Communication – Ability to interact with co-workers, supervisors, customers, etc., in a way that is both clear and friendly
- Time management – Ability to manage daily tasks and long-term projects. Need to prioritize tasks, create schedules, and develop timelines for completing the work and time organization
- Diagnostic – Problem solving, and critical thinking are key in this line of work because you regularly must diagnose issues and develop effective solutions
- Physical strength – is required to adjust heavy equipment, squeeze through tight spaces, climb tall ladders and carry heavy equipment
- Technical – need basic understanding of electric systems, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
- Mechanical – must be knowledgeable in a variety of systems, equipment, and tools to effectively complete some of the more complex projects
Production – Nights
- Monday-Thursday position – 4:00 pm – 2:30 am
The production hand-adds is a specialized position. Its purpose is to identify, weight and add micro ingredients to feed batches to build a complete ration for animal health and growth. The position requires an individual with the ability to recognize many various feed additives used in production as well as various animal additives. The position requires that a detailed, complete record is maintained as to the amount of additives and ingredients used, as this becomes part of the Plant Manager’s daily record required by the State of Minnesota.
When not engaged in the production of feedstuffs, the incumbent will work with maintenance personnel, or will clean areas of critical concern.
Truck Driver - CDL Position - FT or PT
We have a FT or PT position opened for CDL-A Truck Driver out of our Freeport, Minnesota facility.
- Monday-Friday position
- Home Nightly
- Regional driver in MN, ND, SD, IA and WI
- Competitive wage
- Benefit package available